What’s a poisonous guy with no legs and a serious thirst got to do to get a beer in this town?
Patrons at The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room in the middle of the city in Sydney, Australia, got a little more than a glass of refreshing rosè when a red-bellied black snake slithered up to the front door.
The snakes are among Australia’s most venomous, and since they can kill you and all, staff didn’t hesitate to enlist the help of professional snake handler, Harley Jones, to remove the reptile.
Marketing manager for the venue, Marissa Demetriou told 9news.com.au she was advised by Jones that “it is incredibly rare to see this kind of snake in the city,” adding that the snake was also quite badly injured and had to be taken to a vet.
“It would appear someone has attempted to hit it with a shovel, hence the injuries staff noted when we first spotted it,” Demetriou said.
As for the poisonous serpent’s fate? The Morrison reported via Instagram “that the snake made a recovery at the vet, and will be released back into the wild, a very unusual Tuesday indeed!”
Take this as a warning to all you sitherers out there. Beer is not for snakes.